[OSM-dev] Osm2pgsql - Planet.osm fail - "Unknown Element name : changeset"

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Mon Dec 28 11:33:01 GMT 2009

Jon Burgess wrote:
> The version I provided was cross-compiled from Fedora using the mingw32
> tools. The osm2pgsql code itself should be fairly simple to compile, you
> are more likely to run into difficulties getting the dependencies
> compiled or installed.

a 32 bit version is not that difficult. I tried to get 64 bit and had to
give up because the dependencies could not be build. pgsql-lib was the
biggest problem.

Later patched the available binary to enable it accessing 4GB of RAM.
(Large Adress Aware) That is double the amount that is usually
available. Would be great if someone could review the code whether it's
doing nasty pointer arithmetic. If not that linker flag should be
enabled by default.

Stephan