[OSM-dev] GPX pollution (spam?)

Michael Bemmerl osm-talk at mx-server.de
Mon Dec 28 21:55:14 GMT 2009

Hi,

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> [...]

I noticed the same sort of phenomenon some months ago [1]. I could
identify the corresponding track [2], but I'm not sure that this is an
issue of an end user software, because those numbers are only in the
trackpoints retrieved from the API. If you download the GPX file [3],
you will notice that the numbers are not in the track segment. They are
also not on the rendered image on the trace page. But at least those
numbers correspond to the waypoints in the GPX file [3] (e.g. see
waypoint "035").

Since the GPX file does not have the numbers as track points, I think
some sort of software on the OSM server is (or was) modifying the track
points to include the waypoint names in the trackpoints. I'm also not
aware of this feature in MapSource.   ;-)

Regards,
Michi

[1] http://osm.michis-pla.net/temp/tracks.gif
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/little%20star/traces/412751