[OSM-dev] JOSM as OAuth consumer?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 28 23:02:31 GMT 2009

Hi,

Karl Guggisberg wrote:
> if I wanted to register JOSM as OAuth consumer for the OSM API, how
> would I do that? My understanding is, that this has to be done only once
> for JOSM (or any other OAuth consumer).

Log in to OSM, then at the bottom of your user page there is a "my OAuth
  details" page, with a HUGE link "Register your application".

I am not sufficiently into OSM to be able to say whether there are
security implications for JOSM users if you were to simply register JOSM
in your name but you can certainly do so for testing.

Bye
Frederik