[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] New Year's wish...

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Dec 31 16:53:34 GMT 2009

On 31/12/09 16:34, Ian Dees wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Morten Kjeldgaard <mok at bioxray.dk
> <mailto:mok at bioxray.dk>> wrote:
>

>     I have a small New Year's wish to the developers of the OSM website.
>     When going to the "history" tab, it would be soooooo nice if you
>     could optionally remove all entries marked "(big)" from the listing.
>     These are almost always entries that cover half the planet,
>     resulting from someone doing script-work on the entire database.
>     What I really want to see when looking at the history tab is what is
>     currently going on with the map within the bbox I'm currently
>     looking at.
>
>     Pretty please?
>

> Ok, this is my first ever patch on a rails project, let alone to the
> rails_port. What do the devs think?

As I keep saying, filtering out big boxes is not really what people
want. What people really want is to filter out changesets which span the
specified area but don't change anything in it. Changesets which are
large but do change something in the specified area are still interesting.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/