[OSM-dev] api0.6 - only one value per key?

Andreas Kalsch andreaskalsch at gmx.de
Sun Feb 1 00:39:43 GMT 2009

Shaun McDonald schrieb:

> On 30 Jan 2009, at 15:11, Andreas Kalsch wrote:
>

>> Question: I have found a PGSQL schema for v0.6 where key and value are
>> TEXT fields. Is the length of 255 still correct for v0.6?
>
> Are you sure it is the rails schema, there are other gpsql database
> schemas for osm data out there, which aren't related to the
> rails/master db setup.
I am not sure, which setup this schema belongs to. I just searched for a
0.6 schema which fits to the description of 0.6 API database changes.
BrettH (Osmosis developer) has just explicitly published a 0.5 schema
which includes history tables.

>> There are some imported values which are longer than 255 characters.
>>

> Strictly speaking at the moment it is 255 latin characters, which can
> is different to 255 UTF-8 multi-byte characters, hence the problem at
> the moment of large UTF-8 multibyte strings being truncated and
> causing invalid UTF-8 errors.
MySQL 5 will let you use up to 255 wide chars, if your database is Unicode.