[OSM-dev] Osmosis: Extracting by polygon

Rolf Bode-Meyer robome at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:23:38 GMT 2009

2009/2/3 Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com>:

> Check the definition of "insideness" in the above link, just because a point
> lies on the boundary doesn't necessarily mean it will be considered "inside"
> the shape.

Reading that and comparing the results I see they're matching. So I
comprehend what's going on.
But I must confess I don't agree that this is going on (though that
won't help anything I guess). Either one counts the whole border as
being part of the result or none of it. But ok, in my case having the
whole border-defining-multipolygon inside it's a minor issue.

Having said that. Would it be hard to make osmosis close polygons it
cut appart along the bounding polygon? I know there's completeWays,
but that would include too much.

>> Related to extracting data: usage of the option clipIncompleteEntities
>> to --bp is answered by exception:
>> "com.bretth.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Argument
>> clipIncompleteEntities for task 2-bp was not recognised."
>
> That option only applies to 0.6 versions of the task.  I'll fix the wiki,
> apparently I forgot to specify that when documenting it.

I see, thanks.

Rolf