[OSM-dev] Osmosis: Extracting by polygon

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:30:42 GMT 2009

> It's only a polygon because the tags say it is (polygon is not a
fundamental primitive object in OSM), and Osmosis is tag-agnostic.

Pleeease, add polygon as a fundamental primitive object in OSM!

You can take 'polygon' from "Simple Features for SQL" (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Features) or 'surface' from
http://interlis.ch/interlis2/download23_e.php as a starter.
Just my 5 cents...

-S.