[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] donating read-only api-mirrors

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Fri Feb 6 11:02:07 GMT 2009

Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> +--On 6 février 2009 11:33:25 +0100 Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de>
> wrote:
> | Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> |> I'm not certain we're talking of the same thing, I see no relation
> |> between the minute diff and the exactness of the API, for now, ROMA only
> |> serves /api/0.5/map?bbox=foo,bar if it is to replicate the API, it needs
> |> to serve all the /api/0.5/node way relation...
> |
> | Aaaaaah!
> |
> | Ok; I think 'my' implementation is feature complete (up to 0.5
> | read/write + OSMXAPI) with respect to OSM data, except for GPX. But ok,
> | I see your point now :)
>
> Then, you don't run the official ROMA ;-)

Did I say I ran ROMA ;) Nah, I was talking about handler_osm. But I'm
currently busy to implement group concat in MonetDB so it can 'natively'
connected to a virtual table in mapserver, without needing patches in
OGR. Currently it requires an extra implementation thing, which their
developers think it is voodoo, while it matches exactly with 'osm' in
MySQL like schema's.

When that is complete anyone can use any GIS product on the normal
MySQL/MonetDB database, with the features of PostGIS.

> | If you love Roma/Trapi then extend it first indeed :) otherwise join my
> | one man show ;)
>
> TRAPI already serves node, way and relation (not the /full version though.)

Ok :)

Stefan