[OSM-dev] OT: Qt series 60 support for Mac OS X or Linux?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 12:38:14 GMT 2009

Hello everyone,

Slightly off topic but it relates to an idea I have for a 3D navigation
tool for walkers using OSM and SRTM data, for both desktop and mobile
devices. I like the sound of Qt for series 60 phones (e.g. the N95) but
unfortunately the preview release is for Windows only, which I have no
access to at home: only Mac OS X or OpenSuSE. Does anyone happen to know
if a Qt dev kit for S60 will be available for non Windows platforms ?
(given that Qt's remit is to be cross platform, one would hope so!)

Alternatively is Java ME OpenGL likely to give good enough performance for
this type of app?

Thanks,
Nick