[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] donating read-only api-mirrors

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Fri Feb 6 15:57:31 GMT 2009

Tom Hughes wrote:
> Yeah, it really is that simple, which is why us simple minded idiots
> that run the server are still doing it all in memory.

There are at least 3 known alternative implementations that run
semi-realtime :) So yeah keeping it in rails while there are
alternatives make you stubborn. Your last arguments were that you don't
want to manage such infrastructure... that makes much more sense here.

Don't forget our last IRC conversation where you were unable to tell me
why a specific FCGI client was borking on any request (get/put). While a
new request just worked. This indicates there are more problems with
Ruby-on-Rails read/write actions than you are now talking about now.

Stefan