[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] donating read-only api-mirrors

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Feb 6 18:42:09 GMT 2009

Hi,

Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Is this also the case for non-full bbox requests?

We do not make a distinction between full/non-full bbox requests, there
is only one type and that gives you all nodes that belong to ways of
which at least one node lies in the bbox.

> Or is it actually calculated that a way passes through a tile when its
> two nodes connecting it are far outside it? (Separate problem)

No, this kind of spatial computation would only work with something like
a PostGIS bbox request. (Actually the bbox requests are not tiled in any
way, you can request whatever you want. Tiles at home requests more than
they need to hopefully catch cases like the one you describe.)

Bye
Frederik