[OSM-dev] OSM registration thinks a valid mail is not valid

Eddy Petrișor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 20:38:54 GMT 2009

Hello,

I wsa trying today to make an dedicated account for a bot that would do
some semi-automated changes for the Romanian map and I was unable to do
so because it seems that the signup process has some broken validations:

It refused to accept the following logins:

ro_bot_romania
RoBotRomania
Ro-Bot

What is worse is that it refused an email address containing the "+"
character (ignore the spaces, I added them now):

eddy.petrisor+osmbot @ gmail.com

That is a valid mail address, so would somebody, please change it so it
accepts "+" as a valid character.

--
Regards,
EddyP