[OSM-dev] API 0.6: way and relation limits

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sun Feb 8 23:52:17 GMT 2009

On 8 Feb 2009, at 22:47, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Also, I cannot find an implementation of the relation member limit.
>> Am I
>> just being stupid (again), or is this still missing? I'll copy
>> +paste the
>> code from ways if it really isn't implemented yet. Had we agreed on
>> 1000
>> members per relation?
>
> *taps fingers and looks around* ...? I just want to avoid fixing it
> and
> then being told "oh no, we left that out on purpose..." ;-)

Here's the photo I took at the time of the meetup
http://www.flickr.com/photos/smsm1/3264978266/in/set-72157613492745477/

I'm sure that it was a limit that was discussed a short time before
the meetup on the dev mailing list.

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/11639 is the changeset where I
introduced the new limits. This is shortly before the Hack weekend and
APIzza 0.6 evening.

It looks like it was to do with this thread that it got implemented:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2008-November/012379.html

Shaun