[OSM-dev] API 0.6: Tags, Uniqueness, and Case Insensitivity

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Feb 9 14:12:41 GMT 2009

Hi,

    we currently have case-insensitive tags because the default MySQL
collation is case-insensitive. But nobody cares because we do not have
an unique index on tag keys.

With 0.6 we will have such an index. Will we continue using the default
collation so that it becomes invalid to have "NAME=x" and "name=x" on
the same object, or will we the general UTF-8 overhaul lead to a
different collation that makes "NAME" and "name" different?

Bye
Frederik