[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql support for relation type=boundary

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:50:46 GMT 2009

2009/2/10 sly (sylvain letuffe) <liste at letuffe.org>:
> hi,
>
>> On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 18:12 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
>> > I have no knowledge of c, osm2pgsql, geos or any of the other stuff,
>> > but I did have a hack at it a while back, and a very simple patch
>> > seemed to give me a usable result from my experimentations with the
>> > London borough relations.
>
> On Tuesday 10 February 2009 20:00, Jon Burgess wrote:
>> That will probably do exactly what you want.
>
> exactly what I needed.
> Many thanks.
>
> PS: for some reason I don't know, that's what I tried in first place but
> failed probably because of the -s switch or a little to old osm2pgsql code.

Quite likely, the processing of relations in non-slim mode was
completely broken until a a couple of weeks ago.

I've just committed the change above into svn r13653. There may be
some more tweaks needed though. For closed boundaries there will be
entries in both the polygon and roads tables. I think that unclosed
boundaries will end up in the roads table twice.

--
    Jon