[OSM-dev] Rantings about API 0.6

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Feb 11 00:18:38 GMT 2009

Hi,

Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> I just finished coding a bulk importer which interfaces directly to the MySQL
> DB instead of interfacing to the API.

Well then I say let's just politely ask TomH to open up the MySQL TCP
port for public access and create user accounts for us all, and off we
go with factor 13 speed. I'm sure everyone will be pleased ;-)

Jokes aside, does your bulk importer also implement populating the
history tables, making sure that every node referenced by a way (and
every node/way/relation referenced by a relation) actually exists, and
all these totally useless integrity constraints?

Bye
Frederik