[OSM-dev] Osmosis: Filter way/node *without* key x

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 12 20:06:21 GMT 2009

Brett Henderson wrote:

> You cannot
> filter a changeset by polygon because a changeset doesn't contain enough
> information, all nodes for changed ways may not be included in the file
> therefore the location of ways may not be known.

Would it be a workable option to have fully referenced diff files, next
to the current sparse format?

Would there be a lot of overhead in generation and/or filesize?

With the current interest in hourly/minutely updated maps, this seems to
me to be an interesting option for people that don't or can't load the
whole planet.

--
Lennard