[OSM-dev] Can't import data using Osmosis

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Sun Feb 15 03:55:21 GMT 2009

G H S wrote:
> OK, after a little searching I found the DB-generation script and ran
> it.  It worked fine, but it appears to be out of date for the current
> Osmosis, which returned:
>
> com.bretth.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: The database schema
> version of 16 does not match the expected version of 17.
Yes, unfortunately the db generation script is out of date.  I update it
occasionally but I'm not the owner of the schema.  The proper way to
create the database schema is using the rails "rake db:migrate" command,
I only make the sql script available for people's convenience.  I'll
create a new script when I get a chance, but otherwise add
validateSchemaVersion=true to the mysql task.  The difference between 16
and 17 doesn't impact osmosis in any way.