[OSM-dev] 'My first OSM experiences' - PDA Mapping software and the OSM mobile binary protocol

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at wolschon.biz
Tue Jan 6 05:44:58 GMT 2009

2009/1/6, Oliver Ford <osm at oliford.co.uk>:
> PS: Just as I'm signing this off I've stumbled over the
> 'OSMbin(file_format)' wiki page. Is that format related to the OSM
> Mobile binary somehow? Is one more developed/used than the other, has
> one been abandoned?

It is not related to OSM-MB at all.
It is another binary-format I am currently specifying version 1.0 of
that can be used with the next API-version (0.6).
It is optimized for different scenarios then osmmb.
I am currently debugging it's reference-implementation.
As stated on the wiki-page of it, it is not ready yet but  making
good progress. (95% done).

Marcus