[OSM-dev] 'My first OSM experiences' - PDA Mapping software and the OSM mobile binary protocol

Oliver Ford osm at oliford.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 11:16:32 GMT 2009

marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com wrote:
> I added some clarifications to the wiki-page
> on the Osmbin-format. (What it is intended for,
> what the status is and that it is not related
> to this "osm mobile binary protocoll".)
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMbin(file_format)

Ok, that helps.

You probably ought to say whether it relates to the 'OSM Binary Format'
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Binary_Format)
I've also just noticed the wiki distinguishes between
'OSM_Mobile_Binary_Protocol' and 'OSM_Mobile_Binary_Protocol'.

So now we have:
1) http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Binary_Format
2) http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Mobile_Binary_Format
3) http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Mobile_Binary_Protocol
4) http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMbin(file_format)

Is it just me or would some general clarification/coordination be useful
here?

Oli