[OSM-dev] API 0.6 and changeset tags

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Tettnang/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sun Jan 11 11:01:42 GMT 2009

On Sonntag 11 Januar 2009, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,

> client=JOSM
> client-version=1234

This sounds good. Even putting it into the same tag
( like "client=josm/1.2.14-svn1234" ) would be nice.

> For JOSM, I also intend to add something like "client-plugins=a,b,c,d"
> where the installed plugins are listed but that's subject to discussion
> (may be deemed to invade user's privacy because everyone can then see
> what plugins he's using).

I even think we could also check if a plugin is currently active and has data
displayed/operated in the area of upload. And also add this information to the
changeset.This will show if the changeset was for example using the YWMS and
so the data is correlated to Y! images. Or if the data is derrived from
landsat. All these information would be later helpfull to show a derivation
history. This derivation history could even include that the user had loaded
a track underneath the new/edited data.

--
Jörg (Germany, Tettnang)

http://www.ostertag.name/