[OSM-dev] Potlatch - really BAD bug

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Tue Jan 13 09:22:48 GMT 2009

Richard wrote:

> It has been explained many times in the
> past, not just
> by me, that database freakiness _will_ happen because we don't
> have
> transactions, our server is often under high load, and there
> may be memory
> leaks or blocking processes in some of the software we use.

Do I understand correctly that the introduction of changesets in API 0.6 should go some way towards addressing this problem? As I understand it the whole changeset needs to make it to the server for it to be applied, and therefore I've been assuming that when updating a way the addition, updating and removal of nodes to a way would all be part of a single changeset. Or have I misunderstood?

Ed