[OSM-dev] api0.6 - only one value per key?

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Wed Jan 28 07:08:13 GMT 2009

2009/1/28 <marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com>

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 00:07:20 +0000, Simon Ward <simon at bleah.co.uk> wrote:
> > [Moved to dev; followups to dev]

> >> Yes, the API and data format supports it, but only for another 2
> >> months or so until we switch to 0.6 where it won't be allowed.
>
> I cannot find any such restriction in
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/0.6 .
>
> Could someone please clarify this?
> I implemented no changes to attribute-handling
> for the 0.6-support in my software and need
> to know if I have to explicitely disallow this
> to happen, write test-cases,... .

It's in there, under Related Database Improvements...

   - It is planned to create an unique index on the combination of object id
   and tag key, so that it will no longer be possible to have multiple
   identically named tags on the same object. This was possible until now but
   rarely used. The impact of this is being analysed.
   - The "relations" tables will receive an additional sequence_number
   column used for sorting the elements. Having the same member in the same
   relation twice will be allowed. The sequence_number column will not be
   exposed anywhere, it will just be used to store the sequence in which
   relation members where uploaded and to return them in the same sequence.