[OSM-dev] how many api calls/time for an app allowed?

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 18:11:19 BST 2009

Gary
The main XAPI server (hypercube) went down on June 6th for an unknown
reason.  It failed to restart (hanging in GRUB) which took some time to
resolve.

The server was finally restarted a few days ago.  I am now resynchronising
the database to a) catch up with changes since June 6th and b) to deal with
the missing elements that you mention.

The missing elements were caused by the Osmosis minute diff which, since
0.6, missed some elements from large changesets.  This has been resolved by
delaying the minute feed by 30 minutes so will not happen again once the
synchronisation is complete.

Performance is a function of the speed of the server and demand.  Generally
demand is always high and the server is used for other services as well.
The solution to this is lots more servers.

I expect the main XAPI service to be available again within a few days once
the re-synchronisation is complete.

80n