[OSM-dev] Osmosis and Postgresql

Joachim Zobel jz-2008 at heute-morgen.de
Tue Jul 7 18:47:23 BST 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 01.07.2009, 09:47 +1000 schrieb Brett Henderson:
> Jeffrey Warren wrote:
> > And along those lines, should we remove the foreign key constraints
> > from the schema, Brett, if they're not necessary and they cause
> > Osmosis imports to fail?
> I don't mind really.  I only make them available as a convenience so
> people don't need to run the rails migrations themselves.  I don't
> want
> to put much effort into maintaining them so I just leave them as is.
> Is
> this something you'd be interested in looking after?

I am somewhat confused, maybe I missed something. Either you can
recreate the constraint if the import is done or the data is _corrupt_.

If you are loading a larger volume of data you probably want to drop
_all_ constraints and indexes before that, recreate some in the middle
and the rest afterwards.

Sincerely,
Joachim