[OSM-dev] Thoughts on an enhanced GPX api

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:47:36 BST 2009

2009/7/29 Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>:

> Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> that's completely true. Another aspect of the problem is
>> people setting their gps instead of 1p/sec to 1p/10meters or
>> even more, so that you can't get a clue which points belong
>> to the same track.
>
> I'm beginning to suspect you've never actually used Potlatch...

this was not refered to potlatch but to gpx-files in OSM in general.
And yes, I have been using potlatch, not even too few, but I'm not a
poweruser, and I just now discovered that your help-section got much
much better respect to what it was when I looked at it last time!
Really happy for this! As I would consider myself a JOSM-Poweruser, I
still won't use Potlatch too much, mainly for the zooming and network
problems, but of course also because I'm used to JOSM and don't miss
many features there.

cheers,
Martin