[OSM-dev] CloudMade OSM download problems

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Jul 30 20:57:22 BST 2009

  Anyone else have issues with the latest .OSM extracts from CloudMade?

  I've tried importing Pakistan and California locally, and both files
  have references to nodes that aren't present.

  Fortunately GeoFabrik has a Pakistan extract that works. If anyone can
  help with a California extract, that would be super.

I have been trying to build garmin maps with the massachusetts extract,
and am having trouble.  There appear to be ways with same-coord points
in odd ways that mkgmap's --remove-short-arcs doesn't handle, and I
can't get the maps to load in Garmin RoadTrip (mac).  The .img works on
a vista hcx, but routing won't work (even though I used --route).  I
don't understand what is going on yet.