[OSM-dev] Gisify relations

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Jun 17 19:34:00 BST 2009

On 14 Jun 2009, at 10:49, Wolfgang Schreiter wrote:

> Hi Fr
> This also gets in the way of the
> osm community itself. New mappers ask for guidance all the time, and
> countless hours of precious mapper and developer time are wasted in
> debates
> on how to do this or that correctly, how to interpret the data and
> how to
> weed out the rubbish from the data.

And that's what GIS people never understand. We've built a community
and that relies on debates and interactions. They are *good* not bad.
You guys seem to expect someone in a surveyor jacket with a GIS degree
to ride in on a unicorn and say 'roads are type 54B, no exceptions!'.
Our way is better. If you disagree, you're free to pay TeleAtlas to be
right.

Best

Steve