[OSM-dev] Duplicate county - Huntingdon, PA

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:08:18 BST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Frederik Ramm<frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andy Allan wrote:
>>
>> Anyone fancy a challenge? It looks to me like an entire county has
>> been duplicated in Pennsylvania - Huntingdon, PA. Looks like Milenko
>> and DaveHansen both uploaded copies a day apart from one another.
>
> How could this have gone unnoticed for so long?

How many contributors do we have in that county? How many OSM-checking
websites are "Europe-only"?

Seriously, I've been working on a secret project* for the last couple
of months, and most interstates are duplicated with pre-TIGER
osm-volunteer data, and both are a complete mess. If the interstates
aren't being looked after by anyone, then I'd guess a lot of counties
have had only trivial changes in the last two years.

It would be interesting if anyone wants to try spotting other counties
in the same situation. Newbies will be put off immediately if they
find things like these.

Cheers,
Andy

* It sounds so much more cool if I call it secret. It's not really.