[OSM-dev] josm and Ubuntu-hardy-32 (problem svn-client)

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Tettnang/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sun Mar 8 18:12:14 GMT 2009

On Sonntag 08 März 2009, Subhodip Biswas wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Tettnang/Germany)
>
> <openstreetmap at ostertag.name> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to compile josm on an Ubuntu Hardy. The Problem here seems to
> > be that the svn Client will not work with the build.xml File. For one
> > point; is there a possibility to change/adapt this in order to get the
> > REVISION in another way?
> > And the other thing would be; in my buildcluster there is no svn
> > information left where I am compiling the stuff itself. Is there a way to
> > add this Information in advance and then compile?

> > tweety at cool:~/openstreetmap-applications/editors/josm/core$
> > cat /home/tweety/openstreetmap-applications/editors/josm/core/REVISION
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <info>

In my point of view its's the svn command which is incompatible with the
build.xml.

> > svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get a
> > newer Subversion client

> Not sure but Isn't something wrong with the build.xml file?

Well; I'd say yes ...

<project name="josm" default="dist" basedir=".">
        <target name="dist" depends="compile">
                <exec append="false" output="REVISION"
			   executable="svn" failifexecutionfails="false">
                        <env key="LANG" value="C"/>
                        <arg value="info"/>
                        <arg value="--xml"/>
                        <arg value="."/>
                </exec>

This will start a command "svn info --xml ." which is not supported in the svn
version deivered with ubuntu-hardy.

I think we should change this to using the svn features itself of replacing
text with the current Version Number ($Revision$ with enable-auto-props)

--
Jörg (Germany, Tettnang)

http://www.ostertag.name/