[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql + relations of relations (aka "super-relations")

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Mar 19 10:43:03 GMT 2009

Hi,

Relations becomes more and more popular (and complex). However in some cases
(Europeen E roads), country boundaries, (huge forest ?) the number of members
in some relation is huge.

Motorway E 70 comes to mind with ~1700 members

France boundary with ~1800 members

Manipulation on those with the API is painfull. So we made a try in france
with a super-relation :

It's now much easier to edit but I don't know any tool (beside the home made
parsers we've created) to display, convert or use it.

Has anyone started work to support them in osm2pgsql ? or in any other tool ?

PS: maybe other solutions for the database could be better ?

--
sly
Sylvain Letuffe liste at letuffe.org
qui suis-je : http://slyserv.dyndns.org