[OSM-dev] Distributed Data Store Follow-Up

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Mar 24 18:03:16 GMT 2009

Scott Shawcroft wrote:
> Our update performance shouldn't be too different.  We simply send the
> update request to all the node machines.

And your node machines do not cache their partition results? (Thus is a
scan always required?)

> By within do you mean a bounding box query?  Could you be more specific?

For bbox you will have results for this:
  ____
|    |
|  o-+--o
|____|

for within/touches you will have results for this:
     ____
    |    |
    |____|

Now the above example is trivial to support the interesting case is
diagonal lines. This would allow perfect viewport calls.

Stefan