[OSM-dev] OSM Fixer [Sequal]

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 09:38:33 GMT 2009

2009/3/25 Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de>:
> Dave Stubbs wrote:
>>
>> Who needs SQL?
>> http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/node/292984561/ways
>>
>> So yes. It is.
>
> Thanks very interesting; I didn't realise this could do the trick.
>
>> The API's Way.to_xml_node method strips out invisible nodes that it reads.
>>  http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/way/4043588 <-- no node
>> The OldWay.to_xml_node history calls do not.
>>  http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/way/4043588/history <-- node
>> (despite way timestamp saved after node was deleted)
>
> So I collected all the 'problematic' things. I think by what you mention, it
> can be trivially fixed just by fetching all nodes and reinserting them
> again?

Some of them are due to different bugs, but in general yes. The
relations that reference node 0, 1 and other numbers below about 20
are a complete mistake (bug fixed ages and ages ago now) -- those
nodes should be removed from the relations.

>> Potlatch also doesn't try to filter
>> deleted nodes, so it'll appear in Potlatch too (and be successfully
>> resurected if you save the way).
>
> This could be an award winning observation :) Can we test this is in a way?

a) read the code. The getway and putway bits of amf_controller are
fairly understandable.

b) give it a go:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=45.0965&lon=-64.3565&zoom=13&way=4043588
  Make a minor change then deselect the way to save. Checkout the node history.

Dave