[OSM-dev] OSM Fixer [Sequal]

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 15:18:45 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:

>>> ...and still 0 on a real benchmark.
>>
>> if you'd like to help out it would be great if you could do some
>> benchmarking!
>
> Is suggested to Grant I am very positive to put some different databases on
> Rails and other implementation to a benchmark test. Currently I have a 64GB
> machine available for 0-line benchmarking so I thought it would be lets say,
> smart, to choose a software implementation after a benchmark not before.

go for it. there's already two working implementations (mysql,
postgres) to test. adding others would be cool :-)

as has been stated here before: the move to postgres wasn't primarily
for performance reasons. and, while benchmarking would be nice, it
isn't as high a priority as getting a working set of migrations.

cheers,

matt