[OSM-dev] Tiling the Planet and Missing Nodes

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 17:57:11 GMT 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:
> D Tucny wrote:
>> Again, this isn't so simple... doing this would remove some errors
>> (deleted objects in a relation) and introduce new ones (relations that
>> are missing critical components or otherwise don't make sense)...

the relations and ways with missing members and nodes are inconsistent
and don't make sense anyway. of the two approaches to restoring
consistency (a person reviewing them, or an automated process for
deleting them) i prefer the latter. other tools (relation checker,
etc...) should flag up any higher level breakage (routes missing
segments) which can then be reviewed.

> Nothing is simple; but even in the 0.6 API there will no keyboardl/chair
> filter.

what is a "keyboardl/chair filter"?

> So I prefer valid data opposed to a lot (see previous thread)
> inconsistent data that cannot be enforced anymore in a real database.

this problem (barring implementation bugs) will be fixed in 0.6, which
is just 3 short weeks away :-)

cheers,

matt