[OSM-dev] WMS Overlay Disappears

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 23:18:37 BST 2009

This is more suited to the OpenLayers list, but at a guess it's
because of an incorrect maxResolution setting on the WMS layer, they
default to the Map, or if that's not set, auto-generated not always
successfully.

Setting up the Map object as shown here should be the first step to
getting the overlay to display.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenLayers_Simple_Example#Instructions

2009/3/30 Andrew Ayre <andy at britishideas.com>:
> Hi! I am generating a map using OpenLayers with an OSM base map and a
> WMS overlay. At the backend I am running GeoServer 1.7.3 with PostGIS.
>
> I can view my WMS data fine in the client in GeoServer and in uDig.
> However when I overlay it on my OpenLayers map it disappears at nearly
> all the zoom levels. Here is a demo:
>
>   http://www.britishideas.com/osm
>
> When you load this you can see a black dot over southern Arizona. This
> is my overlay. When you zoom in it disappears.
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> thanks, Andy
>
> --
> Andy