[OSM-dev] Osmosis errors with applying change and API0.6

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Mon May 4 01:33:28 BST 2009

mattwhite at iinet.net.au wrote:

> New script (fails miserably now, and the input file has been migrated)
> java -jar osmosis.jar --read-xml-0.6 file="newzealand.osm"
> --read-xml-change-0.6 file="daily-latest.osc.gz" --apply-change-0.6
> --write-xml-0.6 file="newzealand-out.osm"
>
> The error I get is : Task3-apply-change-0.6 does not support data
> provided by default pipe stored at level 2 in the default pipe stack.

Switch --rxc and --rx around, so --rxc is first.

PS: Wouldn't it be better to cut out a new newzealand.osm from a proper
0.6 planet, instead of migrating a 0.5 extract to 0.6?

PPS: Aren't you missing a --bb (bounding box) or --bp (bounding polygon)
task after the --apply-change task? You're now getting all additions
outside of your newzealand.osm in as well, and running it through a bbox
task after applying the changes will get rid of them.

--
Lennard