[OSM-dev] User preference for editor

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue May 5 00:50:18 BST 2009

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> How I can see it working is that Potlatch could have a user pref
> saying "Offer alternate editor?" with a URL as previously described

...and that's now implemented in 0.11b.

Go to the Potlatch options window (when deployed), and enter the full URL of
the service you want, with zoom, long and lat in that order, each replaced
by a !. So for a fairly pointless example, you could do:

   http://www.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=!&lon=!&lat=!

Then, whenever you open Potlatch on that machine, clicking 'Launch' will go
to the URL in question.

It performs some elementary matching so that, if you input the JOSM launch
URL, your user ID and home location are e-mailed to a crack troop of
Potlatch stormtroopers, who will come round your house and reeducate you.
All part of the service. :)

cheers
Richard