[OSM-dev] Minute Diffs Broken

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue May 5 22:21:00 BST 2009

Hi,

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> My personal preference would be to have discrete operations for "add
> member(s) to relation" and "delete member(s) from relation" (with the usual
> version number checks, of course). That way you only need to run the check
> on the members that are being added/deleted.

Perhaps this could be done internally: User uploads new relation; Rails
goes through the elements of that new upload, and checks whether these
elements were already in the previous version. If yes, no further check
is required (because the previous relation is assumed to have only valid
members), so we only need to check those members that are new.

Bye
Frederik