[OSM-dev] List of Questions

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu May 7 02:51:28 BST 2009

El día Thursday 07 May 2009 03:32:27, Sam Mor dijo:
> We dont want to load the world boundaries map, I would like to have a map
> for Russia, what do we have to change to load Russia map instead of world
> boundaries

Well, the first step is to get yourself a shapefile (or a GML, or a postGIS
DB) with the russian border. Do you have it?

The second step would be editing osm-template.xml with a text editor and have
a look at the part where the world boundaries shapefiles are loaded. Then
change them to load your own data source for the russian boundaries. IIRC,
the Mapnik wiki has some documentation on the XML format.

Cheers,

Un ordenador no es una televisión ni un microondas: es una herramienta
compleja.