[OSM-dev] osmosis - planet import pgsql simple schema

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 7 09:56:01 BST 2009

Hi,

Florian Lohoff wrote:
> i tried to import the current planet into a psql simple schema 0.6 and it
> fails with osmosis 0.30 and 0.31.1 - and i dont get it:

It might be a similar problem to what we recently saw with osm2pgsql,
namely the planet file having been packed using a multithreaded variant
of bzip2 which yields slightly different results. bzcat and bunzip2
process these files correctly, but osm2pgsql (initially) did not;
perhaps a similar problem exists with Osmosis.

I have tonight unpacked the planet file with bzcat and processed it with
Osmosis without trouble, so the file is definitely ok...

Bye
Frederik