[OSM-dev] bounding box

Sam Mor sam_mor at y7mail.com
Fri May 8 06:15:33 BST 2009

Hi great Guys,
maybe we misput our question. we need to show the world map , then we can zoom in,zoom in, zoom in..  to Russia...
so are those the steps???
 1.we need to download russian_federation.osm.bz2 ( downloaded from cloudmade)
 2.then what ot change in generate_tiles.py file????

# Change the following for different bounding boxes and zoom levels
    #
    # Start with an overview
    # World
    bbox = (-180.0,-90.0, 180.0,90.0)

    render_tiles(bbox, mapfile, tile_dir, 0, 16, "World")

    #minZoom = 10
    #maxZoom = 16
    #bbox = (-2, 50.0,1.0,52.0)
    #render_tiles(bbox, mapfile, tile_dir, minZoom, maxZoom)

    # Muenchen
    #bbox = (11.4,48.07, 11.7,48.22)
    #render_tiles(bbox, mapfile, tile_dir, 1, 12 , "Muenchen")

how do we grab the bounding box for Russia , and how can we use it??

      Enjoy a safer web experience. Upgrade to the new Internet Explorer 8 optimised for Yahoo!7. Get it now.