[OSM-dev] Grumble, grumble

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon May 11 09:05:25 BST 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Stefan de Konink wrote:
> > If 0.6 is a transaction based system, the transaction should be stored
> > server side in a changeset right?
>
> I don't think any transaction based system stores aborted transactions?

But is the transaction aborted? If so it could never be resolved :)

> > In anycase; I think what should happen is a resultset upon closing of
> > the changeset that would show you the conflicts.
>
> As documented in
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/0.6#Diff_upload:_POST_.2Fapi.2F0.6.2Fchangeset.2F.23id.2Fupload
>
> information about the first conflict only will be returned.

Ok this is *bad*; because I assume this is based upon a failure instead of
a check. What imho should happen is an active check for the records begin
inserted and preferably gracefully remove changes that have been applied
already if they have the same outcome.

Stefan