[OSM-dev] Australia Data

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue May 19 02:32:48 BST 2009

El Martes, 19 de Mayo de 2009, Mohamad Ali escribió:
> Our Company have the maps for Australia (7 levels),
[...]
> We paid for the government for those data.
>
> Are we able to load them on Openstreetmap?????

Legally, it depends on the terms of the sale.  Are you allowed to freely
redistribute the data you bought?

In any case, the full legal text of the sale contract for that data would
help. Maybe you could write imports at osmfoundation.org with more details?

Technically, the data would need to be translated into the OSM format. I'm
sure it can be done with a couple of scripts once we know the source format.

Cheers,
--

"Ni tus peores enemigos te pueden hacer tanto daño como tus propios
pensamientos." - Buda