[OSM-dev] Guys I trusted you, I removed my checks...

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:25:40 BST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Gregory Williams
<gregory.williams at purplegeodesoftware.co.uk> wrote:
> Looking at the data, it was modified on 2008-05-11. That was within the API 0.5 timeframe. So surely it was the 0.5 -> 0.6 upgrade process that didn't catch the data anomaly, rather than the current API 0.6 code? After all, the data hasn't been changed since API 0.6 went live.

the migration didn't even check lat/lon - i hadn't considered the
possibility that there was already duff data in the 0.5 db!

richard had a very plausible explanation for how they got in though.
we should definitely ban the editor which was used ;-)

cheers,

matt