[OSM-dev] Mapnik long time runnning

Stephan Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Mon May 25 05:45:26 BST 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 06:48:16PM -0700, Sam Mor wrote:

> Hi All,
> we started this step (./z0_generate_tiles.py ) about one week ago and  the process is running , we got now till level 10,
> how long it will take to finish?
>  is it related to our Desktop (dual core 2.0 Ghz, # Gb of RAM)
To render zoom level 11 will take approximately 4 times the time to render
zoom level 10, as there are 4 times the amount of tiles.

If you use mod_tile it will be no problem for you to offer tiles up to any
zoom level, as only those you need will be rendered (but still, if the
server is under load, you might have to wait until the tiles will be
served).

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich