[OSM-dev] using svn

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue May 26 13:25:14 BST 2009

El Martes, 26 de Mayo de 2009, Gary G: escribió:
> what is the (best) way to use the svn? do i need special software (linux!)

You need to install subversion. Depending on your distro, do "apt-get install
subversion" or "urpmi subversion", or whatever is neccesary.

> is there any (good!) introduction for these steps? link?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=subversion+tutorial

;-)

In a nutshell:

"svn co" to check-out (i.e. download) the repository. "svn ci" to check-in
(i.e. upload) changes, doing "svn add" beforehand if there are new files or
directories.

Besides, if you plan to use the OSM SVN server, you need to ask the admins for
a username and password.

Cheers,
--

A bus station is where buses stop. A train station is where trains stop. On my
desk, there is a workstation...