[OSM-dev] type "four_byte_unsigned" does not exist

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed May 27 10:14:46 BST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Dan Karran <dan at karran.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a copy of the rails site on my machine, using
> Postgres, but I'm running into a problem on the initial db:migrate ...
> can anyone point me to how to fix this?

For future reference, I came across this same problem last week. For
reasons not entirely obvious when I got the postgres function
tile_for_point working this problem disappeared.

I think anyone who gets the postgres rails_port running using the
instructions on the wiki deserves a medal - I ended up asking Shaun,
Matt and Dave for help and given that I wrote the postgres port in the
first place it's quite concerning... Now that I've got it running I'm
going to try again on a clean VM and get the notes up to scratch
before the Hack Weekend. I'd love to do testing on OSX but I don't
have a license to test in a VM, so I'll stick to Ubuntu and Suse for
now.

Cheers,
Andy