[OSM-dev] need help on bulk import of osmchange

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Wed May 27 13:35:10 BST 2009

2009/5/27 Gleb Smirnoff <glebius at glebius.int.ru>:
>  Hello,
>
>  we are working on fixing things after one automated import that
> covered a large part of Russia. The import created many nodes,
> that describe villages and hamlets. It had two problems:
>
> 1) Many nodes where imported twice.
> 2) All names where incorrectly prefixed.
>
> I have created a fixed version of database dump, and with help of
> osmosis created and OsmChange file.
>
> I have tried to upload it using python script:
>
> http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/bulk_upload_06/
>
> The script reported about several commits (more than a dozen), and
> returned no errors.
>
> However, it appeared that only <modify> sections of the OsmChange
> file were processed. All <delete> section were not.
>
> Here is the OsmChange itself:
>
> http://glebius.int.ru/tmp/delta.osc
>
> Can anyone competent in this area review it and explain where is
> the problem?

The script you link to isn't expecting an osc file. It appears to be
expecting a .osm file with extra action="..." attributes on each
way/node/relation.... except that it tries to create by default so you
probably have more than one copy now. It obviously doesn't have much
in the way of input validation or error checking.

Dave