[OSM-dev] JSON/GeoJSON output format for 0.6 api

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed May 27 13:43:42 BST 2009

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>>
>>> Out of interest, do we have any stats on the proportion of server load
>>> caused by each client?
>>> (not sure I really want to ask that question...)
>> I'm not sure you did either ;-)
>
> Heh.
>
> I suspect a lot of the Potlatch load is caused by people trying to
> edit large areas at z13.

I suspect you're right - those details were for the day before I added
the request timeout. Rerunning it for yesterday gives:

api download    3d 15h 17m 35.710s   (51.3%)
potlatch        2d 19h 12m 34.401s   (39.5%)
api upload      12h 35m 59.514s      (7.4%)
other           2h 59m 06.956s       (1.8%)

Which suggests that a lot of Potlatch time before was attributed to a
number of very long running (often many hours) attempts to fetch data
for large areas. Those requests are now timing out after 5 minutes
instead of running on for hours and hours.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/